Thursday, January 24, 2008

Briefly

Hello and welcome to exciting notes from my life! First and foremost, Swedish Fish rock so hard I can't even tell you. I've been a weentsy bit stressed out and decided I may as well binge as not, so...yeah. Love the Swedish Fish, and Hallelujah for the binge! I think it's been helping; that glazed-over feeling that you get after having eaten your own weight in Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream (which, by the way, is hella cheap at Fred's) is surprisingly like Inner Peace. Or like Inner Peace's ne'er-do-well cousin, Inner Brooding Despair.

So! The stress: consciousness is doing that to me right now. In recognition of that, I had My First Panic Attack on Sunday night. Whoo-hoo! It was a gas, let me tell you...my roommate (yes, the ex) wasn't home, and as it was past eleven at night, I was limited in my choices of people to call while weeping and hysterical. You know how it is. Anyway, I called everyone else on the short list that remained, and after about half an hour, I finally got my cousin. Yay for Christie, who stayed on the phone with me for an hour while I calmed down, until Rob got home and could protect me from the unnamed and completely imaginary Bogeythings that were gonna get me if I let down my guard.

Mmm...lemmesee. I love love love Law and Order: Criminal Intent, despite its being kinda formulaic (you know exactly how Vincent D'Onofrio's character is going to figure out whodunit and then creepily get the truth out of the perp during the last two minutes). However, I am not allowed to watch this after about four pm anymore. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to avoid all the shots of dead bodies and they freak me out for days afterward. Yes, I know they're just actors and very good make-up. It matters not.

Still no Internet access in my apartment. I can use the office computer during business hours, but...le sigh. The office Internet, it is not the same.

Okay. I need to go. Best of love!

2 comments:

ZERD said...

Sweetie! As glad as I am about the swedish fish (which, apparently, no one in Sweden even likes, fyi), the panic attack is what gets my attention. You had a panic attack?!? Have you gone to the doctor? This is mega crap.

Tsipa said...

Well, I guess Swedes aren't that smart then, are they? Yeah, I had a panic attack, but I'm better this week; I'm much less anxious in general now. Also, you know I ain't got no insurance. Heck. Anyway, I have learned that panic atacks will not kill me, so even though it is, truly, mega crap, I'll be okay. :) Thank you for your concern.